2008年10月27日 星期一

Reincarnate

Love was assassinated.
Jealousy was created.
Hope was hopelessness in disguise.
Sorrow was spied in paradise.
Collectively written by Class 107,
National Dali Senior High,
Fall, 2005


This is a poem my students and I wrote together in class. I asked them to think of any word they like and come to write it on the blackboard. After discussion, we agreed to write a poem on love. So the next thing I asked them to do was to pick from the words and make the first rhymed line. We analyzed the stress pattern and continued to select the words from the blackboard. With a few modifications and my suggestion on the title, we completed the poem in one session.

I find the entire process fun and enjoyable. I assume my students felt the same way too, especially considering their decision to print the poem on our class uniform.

沒有留言:

Been there or going there...

  1. Kyoto, Japan
  2. London, UK
  3. Florence, Italy